Ways to Help During the Pandemic
COVID-19 may have changed the landscape of volunteering, but there are still plenty of ways you can continue to support organizations in your community, such as OFSS.
Follow us on social media
- Stay up to date with all OFSS news and calls for volunteers by following us onTwitter or Facebook at Operation Friendship Seniors Society. (Follow us on Twitter: @OFSS1969 or Facebook)
Participate in our Bottle Drive
- Our bottle drive continues to help support the operations at OFSS. Consider collecting bottles for your family and friends and arranging one of our volunteers to pick them up for you. Or consider becoming a volunteer bottle drive driver yourself!
- As the weather continues to change, this is a great time to clean out your closet sat home and donate gently used clothing to OFSS. Your clothing goes directly to seniors in need. Mens sizes large and extra large are most in need.
- If your organization is looking for ways to help, organizing a clothing drive is a great way to engage members of your community in supporting OFSS and our seniors.
Spread the Word
- Help by continuing to share the word about OFSS, our mission and how others may help us continue to serve Edmonton seniors. Share photos and posts on social media, tell your family and friends and help draw awareness to OFSS and our mission
Use your Networks
- If you know of someone or an organization that could help support OFSS’ mission, consider reaching out and exploring how those in your community maybe able to help