Stocking Stuffers for Seniors 2020!
Stocking Stuffers for Seniors is back for 2020 at all London Drugs locations across Western Canada. This has been a very challenging and different year for all of us, but especially for our seniors. We know the effects of isolation and loneliness have been significant during the pandemic and we want our seniors to know we care, and we are thinking of them. Our mission is to bring more holiday cheer to seniors, in all the communities we serve.
Your donated items don’t need to be purchased from a London Drugs store — any new, non-gift wrapped item is accepted. Please be sure to check the signage beside the Christmas Tree in your local London Drugs store, to see exactly where your gifts are going. We will also have information on the signage from the care home on how they would like to manage the gifts to keep their seniors safe. You may see very specific instructions or timelines to quarantine gifts before Christmas. We will be tailoring the giving to the needs and wants of each partnered care home.
Our goal this Christmas: From to Thursday, November 12 – Wednesday, December 16,* help Stocking Stuffers for Seniors bring extra holiday cheer to seniors across our communities!
* some exceptions apply- contact your local store for details
How Do I Support Stocking Stuffers For Seniors?
- Visit your local London Drugs store, and head over to the store’s Christmas Tree for a Stocking Stuffers for Seniors gift tag. Each tag contains a wish list from a local senior, or a general “wish list” from a participating local care home or charitable partner organization. This year you may also see very specific needs required by the care home. The poster next to the tree should explain each care home’s safety concerns or any modified requests.
- Simply purchase or bring new, non-gift wrapped items,* along with the gift tag, to the store’s Customer Service Counter by the delivery date. For even more Christmas cheer, you’re welcome to include a personalized Christmas Card with your gift.
- We will ensure your gifts are delivered to the local care homes and charitable partner organizations. This year, to maintain those important safety measures, we will not be doing in-person delivery. We will be working with the care homes to ensure delivery has as limited contact as possible. We will also ensure that the delivery of gifts meets COVID-19 health and safety regulations.
Spread the Christmas cheer, stay updated, and see how your gifts are making the Christmas season a bit brighter for seniors in your community! Follow us on Facebook and Twitter: Tag us at #StockingStuffersForSeniors
Operation Friendship Seniors Society is proud to announce our 2020 #OFSSBottleDrive to help raise money for our Drop in Centre and the Programs that we provide for our Seniors 55 plus. We have come up with a safe way to be able to help from home.
How You Can Support
- Call Jimmy Morrison (Community Relations Supervisor) at (780) 408-2958 or email at email@example.com to set up a time for us to pick up the bottles.
- We will have one of our volunteers pick up your bottles from your doorstep at a designated time.
- You can also take in bottles on your own and donate the proceeds on our homepage – www.ofss.org
We encourage you to take photos of you with your bottle donations and tag us on twitter @OFSS1969 or find us on Facebook. We want to get this trending and people/groups excited about our #OFSSBottleDrive